JDisc Discovery - Starter Edition
Automated network inventory and documentation must not necessarily be expensive and difficult to deploy. Check out our free JDisc Discovery Starter Edition and receive great value at no cost.
The Starter Edition license is not timely limited nor limited by a maximal number of devices and scans the core device attributes for all supported operating systems.
- Type, model and manufacturer
- Serial and product number
- Operating system and patch level
- Network interfaces
If you want to explore JDisc Discovery's full set of features, please install the JDisc Discovery Professional Edition.
You can upgrade your JDisc Discovery Starter Edition to the JDisc Discovery Professional Edition with no effort or reconfiguration. You just continue to use your current configuration but get much more functionality.
What is so special about JDisc Discovery?
Broad in Scope
- Identifies and collects detailed information from all major operating systems (Windows NT 4.0 and above, IBM AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X).
- Identifies and collects basic information from hundreds of SNMP devices.
- Supports the Microsoft Active Directory environment.
Accurate and Non-Intrusive
- We normalize information.
- No proprietary agents required on scanned computers.
- No root access needed for most Unix platforms (however, some Unix commands require root access credentials in order to be executed).
- On Unix systems, system commands are executed and the command output is parsed on the computer running JDisc Discovery.
Perfect for heterogeneous IT environments
No matter what device types you have into your network - our goal is to identify any device type correctly! We already identify:
- Unix computers with HP-UX, Solaris or AIX
- Windows computers and servers
- MAC OS X computers
- Linux and VMware computers
- Many SNMP based devices such as routers, switches, network printers etc.
JDisc Discovery identifies 13 different virtualization technologies and detects whether a device is a physical server or a virtual machine.
- VMware ESX server
- VMware ESXi server
- VMware server
- Microsoft HyperV
- Citrix XenServer
- Solaris Zones
- Solaris LDOMs
- HP Integrity VMs
- Oracle VM server
- Virtual Iron
Custom Attributes and Reports
There are no limits to customer requirements when it comes to reporting. Therefore, we created a custom report generator where users can easily create their own report based on their individual requirements.
- Create your own custom reports
- Choose the fields for your custom report
- Define simple or even complex conditions for individual fields